Join Our Team
VR stands for Valued Representation, and for over 35 years, VR has set the standards by which small and mid-sized business are bought and sold.
We are the innovative leader in the sale of privately-held companies.
VR is the most recognized and trusted name in the world for small-business sales, mergers & acquisitions. Our company has developed programs and services which puts us ahead of other business brokerage and M&A firms.
We are currently seeking several motivated and business-minded associates to join our Greenville office, serving the upstate of South Carolina.
If you are selected as one of our business intermediaries, you will enjoy the unique, exciting, and highly rewarding challenge of assisting the sellers and buyers of privately held small businesses throughout the business sale and acquisition process.
Your typical duties will include the following:
- Identifying owners ready to sell their business and securing the listing agreement;
- Estimating the market value of the business;
- Preparing a marketing strategy to confidentially identify buyers for the business;
- Conducting interviews with prospective acquirers of the business;
- Negotiating terms of the sale with prospective buyers;
- Facilitating the due diligence investigation;
- Assisting buyers in securing acquisition financing;
- Coordinating the closing activities.
You will typically earn your commission upon the closing of the transaction, and depending upon the size of the deal, the commission can be quite substantial.
As an associate in our VR office located in Greenville, you will benefit from a combination of resources unavailable from any other brokerage firm:
- An extensive and formal training program, taught by industry veterans, which will enable you to quickly master the fundamentals of business sales and acquisitions;
- A complete package of highly professional tools covering all aspects of the business sales and acquisition process including presentation materials, brochures, forms and contracts;
- An internal marketing and lead generation program to enable you to quickly develop your pipeline of deals;
- The opportunity to work out of our highly professional and well-equipped offices in Greenville where you can conduct your telephone and email prospecting, hold meetings with sellers and buyers, and conduct transaction closings;
- Use of our in-house computerized business valuation systems to accurately and professionally estimate the market value of businesses;
- Access to the vast online and personal resources available from VR’s corporate headquarters and global network of about 150 offices.
Although this opportunity is not for everyone, if you have the right skill set and you have the willingness and ability to work on a straight commission basis, this can be a mentally stimulating, highly rewarding, and lucrative career with no cap on your income potential.
Key qualification criteria include the following:
- College degree (or extensive business experience in lieu of)
- Broad-based business experience
- Financial acumen Previous business ownership or executive experience
- Sales ability
- Action Orientation
- Unquestionable integrity
- Intellectual horsepower
- Interpersonal savvy
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Creative problem solving
- Resilience and tenacity in the face of obstacles
- Excellent organization and time management
- Real estate broker or sales license is a plus
The willingness and personal financial capability to work on a straight commission basis.
If the above describes you, we want to talk with you. Contact us today to launch your exciting new career!
If you are motivated by personal accomplishment, stimulated by challenge and want the prestige associated with this profession, then becoming a trained VR Business Intermediary is for you!
Leadership/ownership at our firm recognizes, values, and rewards high producers, ask just how committed we are recognizing and rewarding great people! For experienced business leaders, the sky is truly the limit to what you can accomplish professionally and financially as a VR associate.
Be prepared to tell us why you will be successful in business sales, mergers & acquisitions.
Key Characteristics of Successful Associates:
- Action Oriented
- Business/Financial Acumen- basics thru advanced
- Integrity and Trust
- Selling/Building Relationships
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management